On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Ingo Molnar <mi...@elte.hu> wrote:

> * Kevin Wolf <kw...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > It's actually me who asked to drop the license banners from the file
> > > and move it to CREDITS. Parasd, mind sending a patch that adds it back
> > > to the files?
> >
> > Heh, I just saw your mail from yesterday. Missed it because I wasn't
> > CCed on v1. The license is pretty clear about it:
> >
> >  * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
> > included in
> >  * all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
> Note that Prasad's v0 patch did not include this copyright notice - because he
> wrote the file from scratch. I asked him to attribute the Qemu reference
> implementation in any case - which he understood as copying the copyright
> license verbatim.

Oh God. I was walking to university on seventh cloud, hoping to work
on caching the l2 table. Now I find myslef under the controversy.

Frankly speaking I am very new to understand the intricacies of
licensing, I won't mind copying the copyright notice in the code if it
is necessary. I am also okay with attributing the code to developers
of QEMU.

Speaking about the code of finding the cluster offset is so basic,
that I thought it should be implemented the way it is done in the
QEMU. But none of the code is copied from the QEMU sources. The
complete code is written from scratch with QEMU sources as a
reference. I avoid sending the first few versions of the patches on
KVM mailing list, the code contains lots of structural mistakes and
needs revisions. I don;t want to flood mailing list with those
revisions. The kvm tool community is kind enough to guide me in
improving the code, when infact any one of them can write the code in
lesser time than mine.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I hope this problem would be solved soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad