On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Ryan Wang <openspace.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read some writings on the qemu, and found some demo examples use the
> command qemu, some use kvm, and some mention the qemu-kvm?
>
> I wonder are there any difference between these commands? Or they just
> point to the same executable with different names?

/usr/bin/kvm and /usr/bin/qemu-kvm (or /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm) are the
binary that is built from qemu-kvm.git.  If you want x86
virtualization you should use qemu-kvm.  Some distros have called it
just "kvm" in the past.

/usr/bin/qemu is the binary that is built from qemu.git.  If you want
to emulate other architectures (e.g. ARM) or run on non-x86 hosts then
you should use qemu.

http://blog.vmsplice.net/2011/03/should-i-use-qemu-or-kvm.html

Stefan