From: Christoffer Dall <cd...@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, May 5, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Subject: Goal: Cortex-A15 support
To: android-virt <android-v...@lists.cs.columbia.edu>
Cc: Catalin Marinas <catalin.mari...@arm.com>

For those of you still interested in KVM for ARM, here's a short
update on current activities.

We are targeting the Virtualization Extensions for the Cortex-A15
architecture and currently developing on the ARM Fast Model simulator.
The goal is to get some upstream ready patches under way as soon as
possible.

The previous code base is not dropped, and hopefully I will manage to
run KVM on real ARMv7 hardware not too long after finishing the
Cortex-A15 support.

The KVM implementation can be followed here:
http://git.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/git/?p=linux-kvm-arm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kvm-a15

For those interested in contributing or just trying things out along
the way, I created a new page with instructions for a development
environment:
http://wiki.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/wiki/KVMARM:Guides:Development_Environment

Currently the monitor-hypervisor API works (although it may change
slightly) making it possible for KVM to setup Hyp mode and execute
code in that mode. Also some memory support is in place, and I hope to
have the first completed world switch by the end of next week at the
latest.

-Christoffer