On Mon, Nov 14, 2011, Xin Tong wrote about "Re: KVM VMExit":
> x86 has a Undefined Instruction, its opcode is 0F 0B and it generates
> an invalid opcode exception. This instruction is provided for software
> testing to explicitly generate an invalid opcode exception. The opcode
> for this instruction is reserved for this purpose.

Seeing your recent questions on this list aren't really about KVM
development, but rather about VMX (apparently) basics, I suggest you
also grab yourself a copy of the Intel Software Manual - see volume 3
of:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/architectures-software-developer-manuals.html
which answers all of your recent questions.

About this question - as far as I know there is no way to specifically
cause exit only on the UD2 instruction. What you can do, however, is to
cause exit on any #UD exception, including the one generated by UD2.
The VMCS has an "exception bitmap" which defines which exceptions cause
an exit, and you can turn on the #UD bit to ask for this exit.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                    Monday, Nov 14 2011,