On 12 December 2011 15:15, Avi Kivity <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
> We need to differentiate in how Linux-as-a-guest acts and how the cpu is
> supposed to work.  A guest operating system can theoretically assign the
> ASID x to process A running on vcpu 0, and the same ASID x to process B
> running on vcpu 1

That would be a guest bug. From the ARM ARM:
"For a symmetric multiprocessor cluster where a single operating system
is running on the set of processing elements, ARMv7 requires all ASID
values to be assigned uniquely within any single Inner Shareable domain.
In other words, each ASID value must have the same meaning to all
processing elements in the system."

-- PMM