List,

That patch  that is referenced in the bugzilla :

after reverting bef0fd59 in qemu-kvm, this issue doesn't exist.

That is the exact same patch I had problems with a few weeks ago in iSCSI.
As it turned out, it was NOT that patch that was buggy, but it exposed
bugs in the iscsi block driver that made all I/O sudddenly take 55ms
when booting from the BIOS,   thus making the boot process tkae
forever, andd it looked hung with a black screen, doing one i/o at a
time   55ms apart.

See
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-05/msg02716.html

Maybe the backend used here has the same bug that I had in block/iscsi.c
which was basically failing to call 'qemu_notify_event()' properly.

Would be a weird coincidence otherwise since the symptoms are so
similar, and they were both triggered by that same patch.
I would check how the events are set up in the backend used here and
check if perhaps that backend has the same bug iscsi had.

regards
ronnie sahlberg