On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin
<centos.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/18/12, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe the call is coming from hw/usb/host-linux.c:async_complete()
>> but am not using the same source tree as your qemu-kvm so I could be
>> off.  The code suggests that QEMU also logs an error message
>> ("USBDEVFS_REAPURBNDELAY: Inappropriate ioctl for device") when this
>> happens.  If you want, check the libvirt log file for this guest - it
>> probably has tons of these messages in it.
>
> I did not have time to try a new version of QEMU but manage to check
> do one plug/pull test. However, there was no error message in the
> guest log. The last line in the guest log while this was happening was
> this and nothing else subsequently.
> husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1

Okay, perhaps the ioctl() call is coming from elsewhere or your
version of qemu-kvm doesn't print an error (my source tree is
qemu.git/master).

Anyway, once you've tried qemu.git/master we'll know whether the bug
still exists and with all the info you've shared maybe Gerd (USB
maintainer) will know what the issue is.

Stefan