Hello Joerg,

Joerg Roedel wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 04:26:30PM +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> May I please ask, if you meanwhile could get any information about
>> potential peer-to-peer communication between the functions of the
>> following multifunction device:
>
> Good news: I actually found the right person to ask and the answer is,
>      that peer-to-peer communication between these devices is not
>      possible. So it is safe to pass them through to guests
>      individually.

This is really good news! Thank you very much for your support! This
makes this chipset really useful for users who want to passthrough PCI
devices to a VM without loosing other functions used on the host.

Your information confirms the result of the individual tests I already did.

@Alex:
Could you please send this patch upstream now:

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.linux.kernel&article=1310198

Thank you,
kind regards,
Andreas