28.05.2013 01:25, Michael Tokarev wrote:
[]
> but  it is wheezy, which ships with seabios 1.7.0, which does not
> have scsi boot support.  So in order to boot from scsi, you have
> to use old ,boot=on device property, which has been forward-ported
> from older qemu-kvm version to 1.1 version used on debian, because
> it was the only way at that time to boot from an scsi disk without
> resorting to using proprietary firmware.
>
> So, boot=on as the drive property should do the trick.  But I'm not
> sure it is supported under libvirt.

A small but maybe important followup.  In unstable (and testing)
version of debian, there is currently a more recent version of
seabios (based on 1.7.2.x), which is able to boot from an scsi
device just fine, and is compatible with qemu[-kvm] 1.1.  You
may try installing that one (just the seabios, nothing more,
it does not have any dependencies whatsoever) and things should
work in regular way.  I'll prepare backports of all stuff in
the very near future.

> BTW, why are you installing stuff on scsi?  Is there some particular
> reason for that?

This question is interesting still.

Thanks,

/mjt