Hello Gleb,

please note, it's windows 2008, not windows8, not sure whether there's
some significant difference, though..

> Disable device powersave:
> - Control Panel -> Network & Internet -> Network Connections
> - Right-click on desired interface, and select "Properties"
> - Click the "Configure" button on the interface properties
> - Under the "Advanced" tab, look for power-saving related options and
>   set to "Disabled"
> - Under the "Power Management" tab, uncheck "Allow computer to turn off
>   this device to save power"
> - Save & Reboot

I forgot to mention that, I'm using virtio network driver, and it
doesn't seem to support any power managemt (which is not surprising
I guess)

> In addition:
> - Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Power Options
there's no sound card there..

> - Select "High performance"
done already.

> - By the selected power profile, select "Change Plan Settings"
> - In the "Edit Plan Settings", select "Change advanced power settings"
> - See if there is something relevant to network connection there and if
>   yes change it to not sleep
everything was already disabled...
> - Save & Reboot

maybe I should try using realtek network device instead of virtio?

BR

nik

--
Ing. Nikola CIPRICH