On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM, folkert <folk...@vanheusden.com> wrote:
>> If the result is #2, check firewalls on host and guest.  Also try the
>> following inside the guest: disable the network interface, rmmod
>> virtio_net, modprobe virtio_net again, and bring the network up.
>
> I pinged, I sniffed, I updated the bug report (it also happens with
> other guests now!).
>
> And.... the bring down interfaces / rmmod / modprobe / ifup works!
> So I think something is wrong with virtio_net!
>
> What shall I do now?

Hi Folkert,
I wrote a reply earlier today but it was rejected because I not have a
kernel.org bugzilla account.  If you don't mind let's continue
discussing on this mailing list - we don't know whether this is a
kernel bug yet anyway.

A couple of questions:

Please post the QEMU command-line from the host (ps aux | grep qemu).

Please confirm that vhost_net is being used on the host (lsmod | grep
vhost_net).

Please double-check both guest and host dmesg for any suspicious
messages.  It could be about networking, out-of-memory, or kernel
backtraces.

Stefan