Wolfgang,

  Thanks so much for the response.  It turns out that wasn't handling the
QEMUIOVector properly.  When I first implemented it, I saw that the iovec
was a pointer and assumed that there would only ever be one.  Given the
lack of documentation and my lack of understanding this went undetected
for a while.  everything now seems to work just fine.  :-)  See below for
the portion of code that threw me off.  Thanks again!

 - Chad

Proposed change to qemu-common.h (:

typedef struct QEMUIOVector {
    struct iovec *iov;