Hi Stefan

Everything looks as expected.
Even more wierd: when i execute the script 01remote-ssh.sh as stated in http://roosbertl.blogspot.ch/2012/12/centos6-disk-encryption-with-remote.html i can connect with ssh to that machine, so its not a kvm problem i guess.

Many thanks for your help.

Btw.: when running on centos and not knowing how to get a initramfs interactive shell, simply append "rdshell" to the kernel params (grub) and hit 2 times ctrl+c on the password prompt for the hdd/luks encryption.

Regards,
Oliver