On 2013-12-18 04:27, R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You must adjust the preemption timer according to the eclipsed time
> when the guest runs.
>
> And register a hrtimer triggered when a guest exit.
> The timer should be alarmed when the remaining time runs out,

In fact, as we need to register an hrtimer anyway when leaving the
guest, we can simply register it always and stop using the physical
preemption timer. This will also solve the breakage on older Intel CPU,
actually it will add preemption timer support unconditionally.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE