Il 27/02/2014 08:30, Arnd Bergmann ha scritto:
I guess the real question is whether we are interested in running Windows RT
in VM guests. I don't personally expect MS to come out with a port for
this spec, no matter what we do, but some of you may have information I don't.

Given enough firmware and driver support there's no reason why Windows and Linux should be any different---they certainly aren't on x86.

Right now Windows on ARM is just tablets and hence RT; but things might change for server-based ARM. So Windows support as a VM should definitely be on the table, but so is writing custom drivers: you certainly will be able at some point to build virtio drivers for ARM, and use them with this spec.

Paolo