On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 01:36:12PM +0100, Christoffer Dall wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:31:32AM +0000, Marc Zyngier wrote:

> Further, are we guaranteed that the static branch gets compiled into
> something that doesn't actually look at cpu_hwcap_keys, which is not
> mapped in hyp mode?

The fact that this might happen silently seems to be a larger problem.

Can we do something like the EFI stub, and ensure that (unintentional)
references to symbols outside of the hyp-stub will fail to link? That's
ensrue by some symbol mangling in drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/Makefile.

I think this may have come up before; I can't recall if there was some
reason that was problematic.

Thanks,
Mark.