[Apologies to keep elbowing in, and if I'm being thick here...]

On 22/02/18 15:22, Mark Rutland wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 08:51:30AM -0600, Shanker Donthineni wrote:
+#define CTR_B31_SHIFT          31

Since this is just a RES1 bit, I think we don't need a mnemonic for it,
but I'll defer to Will and Catalin on that.

  ENTRY(invalidate_icache_range)
+#ifdef CONFIG_ARM64_SKIP_CACHE_POU
+alternative_if ARM64_HAS_CACHE_DIC
+       mov     x0, xzr
+       dsb     ishst
+       isb
+       ret
+alternative_else_nop_endif
+#endif

As commented on v3, I don't believe you need the DSB here. If prior
stores haven't been completed at this point, the existing implementation
would not work correctly here.

True in terms of ordering between stores prior to entry and the IC IVAU itself, but what about the DSH ISH currently issued *after* the IC IVAU before returning? Is provably impossible that existing callers might be relying on that ordering *anything*, or would we risk losing something subtle by effectively removing it?

Robin.