Hi Christoffer,

On 04/26/2018 12:06 PM, Christoffer Dall wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 10:29:35AM +0200, Auger Eric wrote:
>> Hi Christoffer,
>>>
>>> I don't understand this change, really.  Is this just a cleanup, or
>>> changing some functionality (why?).
>>>
>>> I think this could have come with the introduction of
>>> vgic_v3_rdist_overlap() before patch 6, and then patch 6 could have been
>>> simplified (hopefully) to just call this "check that nothing in the
>>> world ever collides withi itself" function.
>> I have merged this patch and vgic_v3_rd_region_size +
>> vgic_v3_rdist_overlap and put it before this patch.
>>
>> Also I reworked the commit message which was unclear I acknowledge.
>>
>> With respect to using the adapted  vgic_v3_check_base() in
>> vgic_v3_insert_redist_region(), it is less obvious to me.
>>
>> In vgic_v3_insert_redist_region we do the checks *before* inserting the
>> new rdist region in the list of redist regions. While
>> vgic_v3_check_base() does the checks on already registered rdist and
>> dist regions. So I would be tempted to leave
>> vgic_v3_insert_redist_region() implementation as it is.
>>

> ok, but do see my suggestion there to factor out the check, which should
> make that function slightly easier to read.
>
> Then perhaps you can use that function from vgic_v3_check_base to check
> that each rdist doesn't overlap with the distributor?

I introduced the suggested additional helper, vgic_dist_overlap, to
check a region does not overlap with the distributor region and used it
in vgic_v3_insert_redist_region.

However in  vgic_v3_check_base I do not need it as I already use
vgic_v3_rdist_overlap() which does the job, ie. check the dist against
all registered redists.

Thanks

Eric