Since commit d26c25a9d19b ("arm64: KVM: Tighten guest core register
access from userspace"), KVM_{GET,SET}_ONE_REG rejects register IDs
that do not correspond to a single underlying architectural register.

This series proposed a fix for this regression along with some related
refactoring.

For ease of review, the series is expanded out a little more than
necessary.  I also want a clean base to build SVE support on, since
SVE needs to do some additional filtering to remove FPSIMD V-regs from
KVM_GET_REG_LIST: thus, this series does a bit of refactoring beyond
the basic needs of the fix.

An equivalent fix should go to stable, but we may want something more
self-contained for that case.

Comments welcome.

This series has not been tested yet.

Dave Martin (3):
  KVM: arm64: Factor out core register size determination and validation
  KVM: arm64: Factor out KVM_GET_REG_LIST core register enumeration
  KVM: arm64: Filter out invalid core register IDs in KVM_GET_REG_LIST

2.1.4