Dear all,

I want now to hear your oppinion about one thought.

I am now working on superconductivity, where I need to calculate sets of
dependencies, in practice G(E, \phi, \Phi) (superconducting phase and magnetic
field). Usually it leads to a huge number of recalculations of Greenโ€™s function
on a grid of parameters. As for me, it is quite inefficient. If we know result
of one calculation, we can use it as starting point of next calculation, if
dependency is not singular, which is often the case. Moreover, seems my usecase
is definitely not the only, where we need a dependency of GF/SM on some smooth
enough parameter grid.

Therefore I think, that it would be quite useful to implement iterative solvers
for such cases. This means, that we call our current solver for
smatrix/greens_function for initialization, and then use iterative ones to get
dependency on a parameter set.

I have following questions:
1) Is it useful, or I miss some nice pythonic pattern that already can
implement it? ๐Ÿ˜Š
2) Does anyone have a feeling/knowledge, how this can speed up (or slow down?)
calculations?
3) Does someone know nice numeric libraries for iterative linear algebra to
test, that can be easily used in Python?

I will try to find something myself, but if someone already knows something, I
would be glad to know his opinion.

With best regards,
Viacheslav Ostroukh

Instituut-Lorentz โ€“ Niels Bohrweg 2 โ€“ Room 259 โ€“ 2333 CA Leiden

ostro...@ilorentz.org
sl...@ostroukh.me

+31 6 444 968 12
+38 099 721 76 06