Hello Kamal,

Dear Joseph Weston,
> Very many thanks for your instruction to run my code successfully. But, it
> did not work, instead
> it sent message "run time error" after showing the system plot. Yes, I
> simply changed to
> kwant.plotter.bands(sys.leads[0],show=False).

When I run it I get no errors.

It is a question to me how the "sys" in my code was finite? You also agree
> that the system "sys" is
> attached with leads and thereby it turns into infinite system.

When I use terms enclosed in backticks, like `FiniteSystem` and
`InfiniteSystem` I am referring to the
types defined in `kwant`. I you look at the documentation you will see that
an `InfiniteSystem` is a system
that has a spatial symmetry (and is invariant by translation). A
`FiniteSystem` consists
of a (finite) scattering region with no symmetry,  *possibly with attached
leads*. While it is true that when a
`FiniteSystem` has leads attached it actually represents a system that is
infinite in extent, this is
*still called `FiniteSystem` in Kwant nomenclature*.

Is it not possible to draw band diagrams
> only in the Quantum Well which is only the central part of the entire
> system ( composed of leads + that
> central part ).

To be honest again, how then I can find by kwanting the band diagrams of
> only the
> qwantum well itself??

What do you mean? Band structure is only defined for a system that is
invariant be translation.
Your full system of well + leads is not invariant by translation, therefore
you cannot calculate
a band structure for the full thing.

Regards,

Joe

P.S. In future, please try to keep related emails in the *same email
thread*. As it is you have started
a new thread, which will make it difficult for people to follow the
discussion from the beginning.