Dear all,

I create Hamiltonian H for a graphene lattice with nn-hopping only, no leads,
i.e. closed system.

Each a (b) sublattice site is located at r=i*a_1+j*a_2 (r=i*a_1+j*a_2+d),
with i,j being integers, a_1,2 being Bravais lattice vectors, and d a vector
pointing from a to b sublattice. Hence each site is marked with |i,j,a or b>.

My question is, once the nn-hoppings are set, how do I locate the position in H
belonging to specific matrix element between two sites, say <2,5,a|H|1,2,b>?

My goal is to plot a dispersion relation E(k_y) of such a closed system with
periodic boundary conditions in y-direction (I did it by hand) and hard-wall in
x-direction. I guess I need to do the Fourier transform in y-direction by hand.
Or, are there some built-in functions to do this?

Thank you for eventual answer or pointing me to duplicate question.

Tibor