Dear Olivier,

I see two options:
1) you can mix the two examples [1] [2] of kwant tutorial and work with a
quasi 1D system. In this case, you need to choose an energy for which you
will have only one conducting mode in the leads. You need also a spin orbit
coupling  small enough to have a precession length much larger than the
width of your lead to avoid the non-parabolicity [3] in your dispersion
relation (ie: in order to obtain results close to the exact 1D system ).
So as you see, with this system, you can only study the non-adiabatic
situation of the article by Trushin  and Chudnovskiy.
a small program is included below.

2) You can work with an exact  1D system  (ie with a line ) . In this case,
you need to handle the circular part of your system.(kwant does not have a
 lattice suitable for the cylindrical discritization )
The tip is to do  the discritization of your Hamiltonian in the cylindrical
coordinates[4][5], then, you need to know that your discrete system is a
graph, and the position of the sites is not important anymore: only the
potential on the sites and the hoppings between them are pertinent.  So you
will put the sites of your ring in a straight line and put the hoppings you
obtain from the discritization (the hoppings will be site dependent ) and
therefore you will finally get a simple 1D system that can be studied
by kwant.
 You will need to use a hopping of the form : $-i\alpha \frac{\sigma_r}{R}$
with $\sigma_r= \sigma_x \cos(\theta)+\sigma_y \sin(\theta)$     [5]
(appendix)

#########################
from cmath import exp
from math import pi

import kwant

# For plotting
from matplotlib import pyplot
%matplotlib inline

import tinyarray

# define Pauli-matrices for convenience
sigma_0 = tinyarray.array([[1, 0], [0, 1]])
sigma_x = tinyarray.array([[0, 1], [1, 0]])
sigma_y = tinyarray.array([[0, -1j], [1j, 0]])
sigma_z = tinyarray.array([[1, 0], [0, -1]])

def make_system(a=1, t=1.0, W=10, r1=10, r2=20 ,alpha=0.5):

    lat = kwant.lattice.square(a)
    sys = kwant.Builder()

    def ring(pos):
        (x, y) = pos
        rsq = x ** 2 + y ** 2
        return (r1 ** 2 < rsq < r2 ** 2) and x>=0

    sys[lat.shape(ring, (0, r1 + 1))] = 4 * t * sigma_0
    sys[kwant.builder.HoppingKind((1, 0), lat, lat)] = \
        -t * sigma_0 - 1j * alpha * sigma_y
    sys[kwant.builder.HoppingKind((0, 1), lat, lat)] = \
        -t * sigma_0 + 1j * alpha * sigma_x

    sym_lead = kwant.TranslationalSymmetry((-a, 0))

    def lead_shape(pos):
        (x, y) = pos
        return (r1 < abs(y) < r2)

    def createLead(r):
        lead=kwant.Builder(sym_lead)
        lead[lat.shape(lead_shape, (0, r))] =  4 * t * sigma_0
        lead[kwant.builder.HoppingKind((1, 0), lat, lat)] = \
            -t * sigma_0 - 1j * alpha * sigma_y
        lead[kwant.builder.HoppingKind((0, 1), lat, lat)] = \
            -t * sigma_0 + 1j * alpha * sigma_x
        return lead

    lead1=createLead(r1+1)
    lead2=createLead(-r1-1)
        #### Attach the leads and return the system. ####
    sys.attach_lead(lead1)
    sys.attach_lead(lead2)

    return sys

def main():
    sys = make_system(alpha=.2)

    # Check that the system looks as intended.
    kwant.plot(sys)

    # Finalize the system.
    sys = sys.finalized()
    data=[]
    energies=[0.001*i for i in range(400)]
    for energy in energies:
        smatrix=kwant.smatrix(sys,energy)
        data.append(smatrix.transmission(0,1))
    pyplot.plot(energies,data)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

[1] nontrival shapes  (kwant tutorial)
[2] Matrix structure of on-site and hopping elements Nontrivial shapes
 (kwant tutorial )
[3]https://arxiv.org/pdf/0907.4122v1.pdf
[4]http://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.70.195346
[5]http://skemman.is/stream/get/1946/10141/25310/1/ThesisMSc-CsabaD.pdf