(sorry I send the previous email accidentally before finishing)

...In your case, you are studying the scattering by a simple uniform
rectangle, so the modes d not mix. you just need to diagonalize your system
in the y direction, and you will get infinite number of 1D systems, each
one you can solve it easily.  your conductance is the sum of all the
conductances (Actually the sum is an integral   (you need to divide over
the number of modes to go from the sum to the Riemann integral))

I hope that this helps
Adel

--
Abbout Adel