Hi Kristjan,

I'm working on 3D periodic boundary problem recently. Your code really
helps me a lot. I tested your code. It seems working with nanowire leads
instead of a periodic repeat in y direction. I changed the leads setting a
little as following. A translational symmetry along y direction was added
on lead. Then wraparound it with keep=0

lead = kwant.Builder(kwant.TranslationalSymmetry((-a, 0),lat.vec((0, W))))
lead[(lat(0,j) for j in range(W))] = 4*t
lead[lat.neighbors(1)] = -t
sys.attach_lead(wraparound(lead,keep=0))
sys.attach_lead(wraparound(lead,keep=0).reversed())

It seems working as a periodic boundary condiction. I judge it by settiing
all potential to 0 in the scatting region. Then the tramsmittion with
energy above 0 should be 1. Without above changes, the transmission at a
little positive energy is 0 and the it will jump to 1 at a little higher
energy. It implies the transversal energy quantization.

I tested the ky under the above flat potential condition. The period of ky
is 2Pi instead of 2Pi/L. I don't know why. Maybe some expert can explain it.

Anyway, I'm just a newbie with kwant and trying to solve some bulk problem
with it. I'm not sure about the above opinion. Let's discuss and figure out
how it works in peroidic boundary condiction.

--
Mingkai Li