Dear Liu,

>       I have met a strange problem in computing conductance of 1D
> quantum wire.
>       The setup is as follows:
>       The hopping of the quantum wire is given by the first kind of
> Bessel function, for example, J0(A).
>       The coupling of the lead is set as 1.
>       As we know in this case the transmission should be proportional
> to J0(A)^2. However, I get very different results for wire of even and
> odd sites numbers as shown in the attachment...
>       Is this a bug or do I miss something else?

This is probably not a bug in Kwant. I see in your script that you do
not construct your system in a very idiomic manner (you manually add
nearest-neighbor hoppings etc). Are you sure you did not make a mistake
during system construction? Did you plot the system in the two cases
(even/odd) and see that everything is as you expect?

Happy Kwanting,

Joe