Hi Antônio,

> I wish to know if the parameter "salt" on the function
> kwant.digest.uniform have a physical meaningVarying it, it seems to me
> that when I use it on a system, the lower the value of salt is, the
> local disorder implemented becomes more smooth, but I didn't found any
> information suggesting it at the documentation. Is that correct?

No, the 'salt' parameter does not have any physical meaning; it's like
the 'seed' that you typically specify to a random number generator.

Also, the salt you provide is a *string*, so I'm not sure what you mean
when you say that you "lower the value" of the salt. If you see any
"trend" between realizations when changing the value of the salt, this
is pure coincidence.

Happy Kwanting,

Joe