Dear Anton,
Thank you.
KS

On 20/8/2018, 9:25 PM, "Anton Akhmerov" <anton.akhmerov...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Dear KS Chan,

    You can use kwant.wraparound.wraparound [1] and kwant.plotter.spectrum
    [2] to compute and plot the band structure of a lead with longer than
    nearest neighbor hoppings.

    When attaching such a lead to the scattering region in the latest
    version Kwant will automatically double the unit cell, which
    unfortunately means that you need to create two different leads: one
    for band structure and another one for scattering.

    Best,
    Anton

    [1]:
https://kwant-project.org/doc/1/reference/generated/kwant.wraparound.wraparound#kwant.wraparound.wraparound
    [2]:
https://kwant-project.org/doc/1/reference/generated/kwant.plotter.spectrum#kwant.plotter.spectrum
    On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 6:19 PM Prof. CHAN Kwok Sum
    <apksc...@cityu.edu.hk> wrote:

    > Dear Kwant Developer,
    >
    > I note there was a discussion in the community about next nearest
neighbor hopping in the community (Leads with greater than NN hopping).

    > However, I still have the following questions about next nearest
neighbour hopping in the lead after reading the discussion.

    > 1.    Can we add next nearest neighbour hopping to a lead without
expanding the unit cell, if there are only hoppings between nearest
neighbouring unit cells even with next nearest neighbour hopping? Can the band
structure be calculated properly using the Kwant library?

    > 2.    When the lead is attached to the system, will the next nearest
neighbour hopping be included in the action automatically?

    > Thank you in advance for your help.
    >
    > KS Chan
    >

    > Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the
intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or
copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other
form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.