Dear Amrit,

You wrote:
" this is based on Eq. 25 in energy domain of
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.6419.pdf "
and deduced that G^r(E) = -i*\Psi(E)*\Psi^\dag(E).

Your deduction must be wrong. I suggest to you to do the calculation for a
simple case and test your formula in a clean 1D system.
G^r=1/(EE-H+i eta) ==> G^r_ij= Sum_k Psi_ik 1/(EF-E_k+i eta) Psi_kj

The sum over k can be changed to a an integral over energy
  G^r_ij=  Integral Psi_i(E) 1/(EF-E_k+i eta) Psi_j(E)^dagger  * dk/dE
*dE

when you carry on the calculation,you see that there is a term which is
missing in your formula which is dk/dE. This term is the inverse of the
velocity. If you carry the calculation for the 1D case, you will find the
correct form known in literature.

I want to bring to your attention that for Greens energy calculation, the
evanescent modes are also taken into account and not only the propagating
ones (the one obtained by kwant. wavefuntion are propagating) .

I hope this helps,
Regards,
Adel

--