Dear Kwant users,

In Kwant manual there is a section entitled "Calculating spectral density with
the kernel polynomial method". I find that examples in this section are all
talking about finite-size systems. I wonder whether Kwant can calculate density
of states of a quasi one-dimensional system that is finite along y-direction
but is translationally invariant along x-direction. For a minimal test, I have
run the following codes but errors occurred.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
import kwant
import numpy

a=1
W=30
t=1
lat = kwant.lattice.square(a)
syst = kwant.Builder(kwant.TranslationalSymmetry((-a, 0)))
syst[(lat(0, j) for j in range(W))] = 4 * t
syst[lat.neighbors()] = -t
fsyst = syst.finalized()
energies = numpy.linspace(-0.1,0.1, 10)

spectrum = kwant.kpm.SpectralDensity(fsyst)
spectrum.add_moments(10)
spectrum.add_vectors(5)
densities = spectrum(energies)

What's wrong in above codes? Currently, are we able to employ Kwant to
calculate density of states of 3D systems being translationally invariant along
one or two directions?

Regards,
Zhan