Dear Yu,

In kwant you simulate models. So it is up to you to decide what
corresponds best to your real system.

Yes you can change the value of the hopping depending on the justification
you may find. It is also possible to put it as a parameter and do your
study as a function of the value of "t". You can also choose it as a matrix
in order to take into account the different orbitals in your system

I hope this helps,
Adel

--
Abbout Adel