Dear Zbigniew,

Thank you for sharing your work but this forum is meant for kwant
advantages in solving physical problems.
Did you try this with kwant ?
The answer to your question seems straightforward with kwant:
lat.neightbors(n) gives you the nth nearest neighbour. You can extract the
number of sites on a ring easily.

Regards,
Adel

--