On 15/12/11 14:10, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> for 3.4.5 RC1, we're now uploading builds to a public (but
> non-mirrored - so don't spread news too widely!) place, as soon as
> they're available. Grab them here:
>
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases-3-4/
>
> If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report *critical*
> bugs not yet in bugzilla here, so we can incorporate them into the
> release notes. Please note that it takes approximately 24 hours to
> populate the mirrors, so that's about the time we have to collect
> feedback.

If you are unsure, then don't mirror. This is far too short for testing a
build, and the notice came in quite late as well. If you really want
testers, there's no other way to do it than test cases for people
to use.

> The list of fixed bugs vs. 3.4.4 is available here
>

> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases-3-4/src/bugfixes-libreoffice-3-4-release-3.4.5.1.log
>
> , it would be nice to verify they're really fixed in the build.

Shouldn't the people who claim to have fixed them know this?

> Thanks so much for your help,
>
> -- Thorsten

And when the core developers are unsure, the product is not ready for
the RC stage …

– Olav