Hi David, *,

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM, david stands <david.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> It turns out that I am using GNOME not KDE, but your description of the
> problem sounds like it could be reasonable.  Would you by any chance know
> where the same font setting place can be found in GNOME 2.x?

Depends on how much the distro patches the gnome menu structure. Here
it is reachable via Systems|Settings → Appearance

That dialog offers theme selection and also has a "Fonts" tab. (in
previous releases of gnome, it was a separate entry in the menu, a
separate dialog)

If you don't find it in the menu, run it from the commandline with
gnome-appearance-properties

ciao
Christian