Hi,

2013.10.09 10:59, Jan Holesovsky wrote:

<...>
> 2) Make wikihelp the source of the help
>
> This is something we need to do in order to be able to improve our help.
> Virtually nobody writes help these days, because of the format that is
> used there, and the workflow that need committing to git etc.  Only
> fraction of the new features has suitable help, and we need to change
> this.
>
> But - and that is important - we of course need to do it in a way that
> fits everyone, l10n most of all :-)  So as I assured you many times, no
> translation will be lost.  We only have to agree what fits you best; and
> before you answer that you want nothing else than Pootle, it would be
> good to test what Markus is about to set up; I am sure he'll write you
> more about that when it is ready for testing - and it will be up to you
> to decide if it is acceptable for you, or tell him what features are
> missing.  You will _not_ have to translate entire pages, the system is
> going to be very similar to Pootle, based on
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate .

If this does not work out as well as expected, you may want to take a
look at https://github.com/mozilla/kitsune/ . This is the platform that
runs support.mozilla.org – a fully localizable Mozilla's support wiki,
which has superceded built-in help in Firefox and Thunderbird long ago.
Having used it a bit, I could say that its localization UI sucks at the
moment, but I think this problem should be easy to solve, because it is
limited to UI only.

Rimas