Hi :)
Windows often grumbles if you try to install anything without first closing
down ALL open programs.  Yesterday i had to use the;
Ctrl Alt Delete (dangerous right?) - Task manager
to force-quit iTunes and Apple-Mobile!!

I'd wasted a bit of time trying to poke around inside iTunes and in the
"Start" menu to try to stop iTunes from starting up at every boot-up but
apparently it doesn't like people to do that and 'needs' to run all the
time.

I was about to uninstall the Apple-mobile thing because the user has often
grumbled about his Android phone but just before doing so asked "So your
phone IS an Android then?".  He said "Yes". So i clicked the uninstaller to
start.  Then he added "It's a bloody Android iPhone".  So i hastily
cancelled!!  I can see this repair job is going to be tricky!
Regards from
Tom :)