Hi :)
80 million sounds pretty good.  I tend to try to stop most machines from
updating unattended for most things and anyway most probably appear to come
from a single ip address.  Also i might download an update in one place and
then use it on many different machines in several different places as not
all have internet access.

I suspect it's similar for many other people too.  So i suspect the 80
million figure is a nice safe low estimate.  That makes it easier to quote
without qualms :))

I also think it safely avoids counting people who really want to remain
anonymous and probably avoids causing any undue issues wrt privacy for the
rest of us too.
Regards from
Tom :)