Hello @ll,
while I was translating LO's help to German, I stumbled upon string
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/de/libo_help/translate/shared/02.po#unit=79109595
(
Context:
02010000.xhp par_idN10631 help.text
Comments:
VzX2B)
.
The text there says

<quote>
By pressing the Down arrow button on the right of a style name, you
show pop-up menu that allows to update style from selection or to
edit style.
</quote>
.

If I start Writer, click on the Down arrow right of "Properties" in
the side bar, choose "Styles and Formatting", I then seem to be at
that point, which is described above. Am I right here? If so, should
the text above not better be written

<quote>
By pressing the Down arrow button on the right of "Styles and
Formatting" at the Styles area in the Sidebar, a pop-up menu opens,
that allows you to update a style from selection or to edit it.
</quote>

(or something like that? Would be nice, if an native speaker of
English could help to improve it a little bit further ... ;) )?

I thought at first, that I would find it right of the style names
like "Default Style - Addressee" ... ;) Or is it just me, who did
not understand it?

Thanks for any enlightenment and help
Thomas.

--
Your mode of life will be changed to EBCDIC.