Hi :)
I really like that idea.

It is in the ethos of Open Source and maybe gets a "good enough" result
faster.

If similar languages grouped together in that way then individual languages
could always re-adjust later if they really needed to.  As a non-translator
and lurker it is the sort of problem i would never have thought about but
that could easily prove to be a total nightmare.  I wonder if Microsoft
have sorted it out in any relevant language (i'm guessing they don't do
Celtic Scottish but maybe for Italian and other such "Romance"(? is that
even a group?) languages) and if so whether it is easy to find a full
listing of what they choose - and if they have whether it is relevant to
try to use their listings.  So many "if"s!  Any one of which would be a
"blocker".  So, i think the idea of using some other Open Source team's
list or ideas is bound to be MUCH better.

Regards from
Tom :)

On 9 June 2015 at 09:30, Akerbeltz.org <f...@akerbeltz.org> wrote:

> In your case, you can probably cheat and closely follow what Italian has
> picked
> asaccelerators/hotkeys, they probably had the manpower to check them all.
>
> Michael
>
> > On 09 June 2015 at 09:22 "Maniacco, Diego" <diego.mania...@provinz.bz.it
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > This should mean that, for every language and context (example: the
> menues),
> > the accelerators group must be first decided, remembering that for each
> > context no duplicate must be present.
> >
> > diego
> >
> > --
> >
> +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > | Diego Maniacco (Südtiroler Informatik AG - Informatica Alto Adige SpA)
> > | Autonome Provinz Bozen - Südtirol - Provincia autonoma di Bolzano -
> Alto
> > Adige
> > | Tel +39 0471 566 159
> >
> +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > On 09/06/15 07:53, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> >
> > It is an accelerator, just as tilde, it is used in some dialogs
> >
> > Lp, m.
> > 9. jun. 2015 07:39 je oseba "Veneto ABC"
> > <veneto....@gmail.com><mailto:veneto....@gmail.com> napisala:
> >

> > Hi,
> > I need a little help, please: what does the symbol "_" added in some
> words
> > to be translated?
> > Thankyou for your answers.
> >
> > --
> > deleted
> >

> > --
> deleted
> --
> deleted

  • ... Garefa Sefu
    • ... Отдел прикладной семиотики Академия наук Чеченской республики
      • ... Michael Bauer
      • ... Отдел прикладной семиотики Академия наук Чеченской республики
        • ... Mihovil Stanić
    • ... Veneto ABC
      • ... Martin Srebotnjak
        • ... Rimas Kudelis