On 14 June 2017 at 10:42, Olivier Hallot <olivier.hal...@libreoffice.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jean-Baptiste
>
> Em 14/06/2017 03:03, Jean-Baptiste Faure escreveu:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For example in each string like bnHLi or u3nsA (Option VBASupport
> > Statement [Runtime]), Pootle does not accept I translate [Runtime]
> > ([Exécution] in French).
> > If I translate this file sbasic/shared.po offline, I guess I will have a
> > lot of false positive errors in Pootle.
> >
> > What can I do to fix that ?
> >
> > Best regards.
> > JBF
> >
> Is it because "[Runtime]" is seen as a placeholder? If affirmative, you
> may silence it by clicking on the red (-) sign in the top right of the
> string area. False positives are very frequent in pootle+LibreOffice.

We really do like eliminating false positives, specifically the critical
(red) ones.  Too many false positives and people ignore tests.

It might be worth reviewing this data
https://github.com/translate/translate/blob/master/translate/filters/checks.py#L1992-L1995
as I'm not familiar anymore as to which variable styles are relevant now
that LibreOffice uses PO files.  Eliminating `("[", "]")` might eliminate a
whole class of false positive variable warnings.

Also please let us know if checks don't apply to your language, e.g.
accelerators. Or if they ned to behave differently, quoting.  And we have
some examples of Romanian checks so you are able to create custom language
specific checks (if you can code in Python).

--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)