On Wed, 2017-07-19 at 13:24 +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:
> Hi,
> changing the msgctxt is problematic from Pootle point of view since:
>
> - Pootle will detect these as new strings that will be imported with
> no translation, and Pootle will mark old strings as obsolete.
>
> Please hold, and work out a plan to push these strings to Pootle in
> order to avoid losing translations.

The original email has...
"
To try and minimize disruption I've a script available in master as
solenv/bin/update-for-gettext to update our current translations to
give them a new msgctxt (and update their keyid comment)
I've ... run this over the sample tarball of .pos extracted
from pootle that cloph provided. i.e.
python2 /path/solenv/bin/update-for-gettext translations/libo_ui
It shrinks and normalizes the msgctxt and updates the keyid comment for
.src and .ui strings and moves them into a per-module messages.po.

caolanm->cloph: will this script suffice for getting pootle updated ?
"

so that's what I hoping to do here, update the existing translations in
pootle that have the old autogeneratoed msgctxt to have the new
"static" msgctxt so that (most) translations are not considered
obsolete