Hi Ming, *,

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 5:30 AM Ming H. <2097632...@qq.com> wrote:

> I have a question regarding updating the translations on Weblate using the
> file downloading/uploading method.
>
> I usually just use the web interface of Weblate, and I appreciate the feature
> of linking the "6.4 UI" and "master UI" translations together so that the
> changes I did in one branch is automatically copied to the other as long as
> the source strings are the same (maybe the translated strings need to be the
> same as well? I am not sure).

Yes. translation must also be same for it to propagate

> But occasionally I use the file downloading and uploading method to give a
> certain component an overall change, covering quite a few strings at the same
> time. […]
>
> Is there any option or procedure that can enable automatic propagation
> between branches?

Propagation of translations on file upload has been explicitly
disabled by weblate authors:
https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/commit/c31b7e9f48dd828e1d63a9c81118b4ec204e64db

Could be reenabled again on our instance if majority of translators agree.

>  Or do I have to upload the file twice, one for each branch?

Please don't use the same file twice. Please download the files for
both branches separately and locally merge your changes before
reuploading

ciao
Christian