I did an overview of translation of various colors used in LO, and in doing so
had some questions.  These questions are probably more towards developers than
fellow translators and l10n admins, but I don't know which specific developers
to ask, or if the dev mailing list is a good place for such questions.  So here
they are, please direct me to proper channels if needed.

In this email I'm going to refer to several strings, and Weblate links are a
bit cumbersome, so I'm going to use line numbers of the file
core/include/svx/strings.hrc instead:
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/include/svx/strings.hrc?r=b680547a

1. Line 561-566, these are names of several colors used as default in various
places.  My questions are: (a) Does it mean different locales can actually use
different default colors if we change it in the translation?  And if not,
what's the point of making it translatable?  (b) What happens if the
translation of these strings don't match the translation of the actual color
names?  This is easier to happen than perceived, as for example line 562 has
"Dark Red 2", but for the translation of actual names there is only "Dark Red",
and the " 2" part is added automatically without translation.  So if a
translator was tempted to translate the numbers to something language specific,
there will be mismatch.

2. Line 627-651, these are colors used by the "material" palette.  There are
quite a few names like "Color A" in it.  However these are not the full names
of the colors, as the full names are like "Gray A200", with the "200" again
added automatically without translation.  So my question is: Why not just
include the " A" part as the automatic suffix as well?  After all, both Greek
alphabet and Cyrillic alphabet starts with a letter close enough to the Latin
"A", and it's not likely languages using other alphabets will translate this
"A" part anyway.  I can also imagine the headache this will cause for RTL
languages.

3. Line 652-665, these are declared to be old names and likely used for
backward compatibility reasons.  My question is: Would the old files use
localized names?  If so, should we refrain from ever changing the translations
of these?  Then again, color pink is used in other palettes like material.

Thanks in advance,
Ming