On 8.5.2021 17.36, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
On 8.5.2021 14.59, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
On 8.5.2021 14.07, Євген Кондратюк wrote:
The link to "Get involved" page in Ukrainian Wiki doesn't change its
naming, although the entire page is translated.

How to fix it?

See, how it looks like https://photos.app.goo.gl/rauYwB8uzDc7shcL6

I had never thought about this. I looked into it now.

In the Sidebar we refer to "system messages": https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MediaWiki:Sidebar

Except for getinvolved-description and donate-description, the messages are from upstream MediaWiki.

I tried making https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MediaWiki:Getinvolved-description translatable, but it did not work - the Sidebar text showed the raw markup.

I asked in #mediawiki for advice.

I got advice and created a task https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/3525

Unfortunately, translating will be limited to the group interface-admin, which we do not want to assign to wiki editors in general. Thus, all translations have to go through me.

Guilhem was quick to act and now I can add translations via https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:Translate/wiki-sidebar

I added Долучитись for now. Translators can email me privately, if they want to add translations for "Get involved" and "Support LibreOffice!"

Ilmari