Hi,
When I thought about it, 'simulated' also sounds weird. The manually
formatted headings, list numbers, captions and other items are neither
fake, nor simulated. They are *actual* list headings, numbers, captions,
etc., just done manually, in a way we don't recommend. The software may not
recognize them as such but any reader would.
So I think a more precise description would be 'manually added list
numbers', 'manually formatted headings' or something along these lines.
Cheers,
Mihail