Hello Andrea and L10N,

On 04/01/2014 15:28, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

The file README_en_GB.txt is not OK: we need to keep its existing content. Just add your notes above or below the existing content, but do not remove attribution and references (so, to be safe, do not remove anything, just add!). So the current release is not OK, but the fix is easy.

Andrea, I grabbed the en_GB dictionary from the Mozilla repository, since the AOO one is obfuscated. So, my "blueprint" is Mozilla's.

The text I am using in the README is exactly the same, and I just replaced the:
Please let David Bartlett <d...@openoffice.org> know of any
errors that you find.

The current release is R 1.18, 11/04/05

With the text you see after the "---" (my own text)

I noticed that my OXT became around 500 kB smaller than the old one.
Maybe before it was not used maximum ZIP compression?

Yes, extracted contents are identical. But with DeflateX the compressed size of the largest file, th_en_US_v2.dat, is 250K smaller in your OXT file, compared to my DeflateN version.

Now, this works for OpenOffice but it would be good to see if the ODF standard allows DeflateX as a compression method... Please read
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-users/201306.mbox/%3ccap-ksoj7ima4hjozqehmn0fb4ryqbqewzso3fnk-i6k62g_...@mail.gmail.com%3E
(everything, including quoted messages) and let's try to understand it. I see that the only compression method allowed by the standard is "deflated" (since "stored" is not really a compression). Zipinfo returns "deflated" for both my and your OXT file, so I believe it's OK to use DeflateX, even if this remains a bit unclear.

Andrea, while talking to JZA (Alexandro Colorado) last week or so, he told me to test the extension myself since only a few files were replaced. I tested it in my AOO 4.0.1 and all worked okay. All words I added were no longer recognized as typos.

Also, may I be given committer rights so that in future updates I can do
it myself without bothering everyone?

It's not "committer rights", it's ownership of the extension. As I already wrote, please register for the Extensions website http://extensions.openoffice.org/ , send us (or me) your username and I will have the extension reassigned, so that you will be able to make releases. Again, please always test your extension thoroughly and try to align it with the OpenOffice releases to minimize the confusion to users. But we can aim at making an update available in January, to test the new setup.

Andrea, I created an account but I am having passwords issues:
first I set the username to marcoagpinto, then, in the e-mail I received it said: "Marco A.G.Pinto" and when I clicked in the link I received it doesn't allow me to change the password, even if I did try to reset it. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,