Marcus (OOo) schreef op 25-7-2014 18:11:
Am 07/24/2014 11:14 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

Hi all,

I've finished some more work on the download webpages. Because you can
benefit from these changes for your localized website you may want to know
how to use it.

- Download webpage:

1.
All the colored boxes + navigation bar + logo section can be defined to be
shown or not. If they should be shown, the text can be localized in
"msg_prop_l10n_XX.js".

For an example see the source code of "http://www.openoffice.org/xx/
download/index.html".

- Download scripting:

1.
Moved all variables and functions into an single global object "DL". Now only this object is in the global scope of the browser window and no longer
every little variable (best practices in JS scripting).

2.
The same for the localization strings in "msg_prop_l10n_XX.js" (global
object "l10n").

3.
An error text is shown when choosing not suitable select box options
(e.g., OS X 32-bit + any language + 4.1.0). If it's not possible to
translate the English wording properly into your language, then (more or
less) free text can be defined.

See the variables "l10n.dl_error_custom_1_text" until
"l10n.dl_error_custom_4_text" (depends on the exception case) in
"msg_prop_l10n_XX.js".

- Select boxes:

1.
The list items can be localized. The current strings are in English and
can be found in "msg_prop_l10n_XX.js".

See the variables "l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_os_values",
"l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_language_values" and
"l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_version_values" in "msg_prop_l10n_XX.js".

2.
Furthermore, in the language select box the list items have a tool tip
(native language name + ISO code).

BTW:
I'm now subscribed to the L10N mailinglist.

And as always, if you need more details just ask. :-)

Marcus

Very cool! a nice fill in template page. :)

Taking a look at this again. I have two ideas --

* take this email and make into an instruction page instructions.html or
something in /download

you mean how to turn the general pages in "/xx" from English into the wished language?

* it would be helpful to have a new file called "localized_download.html"
or something in /download as well that would contain the slightly edited
js references found, for example, in

http://www.openoffice.org/de/downloads/index.html

with placeholders for the language "js" file.

Hm, can you explain a bit more or give me an example?

The second item would be especially helpful to get translation volunteers
to help in anticipation of new language releases. They could submit the
changed download page, and the translated string js file as issues ahead of
time to be committed when the release comes out.

What do you think?

Some more instruction are always good, thats right.

Marcus

I would like to adjust the Dutch file for this, but I can't seem to find it or get hold to it.

Can some point me to it or, even better, send me a copy :)

--
DiGro