[BCC to l10n list]

[orcmid]

Thanks for doing this.  Can you also use a bugzilla issue for submission of the
text files so they can be verified and used to build additional packages?

Oh, and to avoid putting .bat files as bugzilla attachments, just add .txt to
the names.  E.g.,

    APPLY-4.2.1-patch1-de.bat.txt

Finally, produce your files in UTF-8, not ISO 8859-1 or any other single-byte
encoding.

There is a way to change the code page to UTF8 inside a batch script and it
works so long as cmd.exe is using a font that has the characters.

See the UTF8Check.bat[.txt] file that I have attached.

 - Dennis

> greetings,
> Jörg

@echo off
rem UTF8Check.bat 0.0.0               UTF-8                        2016-08-21
rem -----1---------2---------3---------4---------5---------6---------7-------*

rem ENSURE UTF-8 CHARACTER HANDLING
FOR /F "tokens=2 delims=:." %%X in ('CHCP') DO SET AOOCP=%%X
rem    retaining the current code page ID for restoration later
CHCP 65001>NUL
rem    specifying UTF-8 for standard display

rem ANNOUNCE THIS SCRIPT
TITLE COMMAND-LINE CONSOLE UTF8 CHECK
COLOR 71
rem   Soft white background with blue text
CLS
ECHO:
ECHO * 0.0.0 UTF8 CONSOLE DISPLAY CHECKING
ECHO:        A variety of Unicode character codes are used to display
ECHO:        the text, below.  For all of the characters to be presented
ECHO:        properly, the font used by the Windows command-line console
ECHO:        utility must provide for them.
ECHO:
ECHO:        Usually, characters used in your own language will appear
ECHO:        correctly.  Some others might not.
ECHO:
ECHO:        ASCII     abcde xyz   (lower-case Roman characters)
ECHO:        German    äöü ÄÖÜ ß   (accented and special characters)
ECHO:        Polish    ąęźżńł      (accented and special characters)
ECHO:        Russian   абвгдеж эюя (cyrillic characters)
ECHO:        CJK       你好         (Chinese-Japanese-Korean characters)
ECHO:
ECHO:

rem RESTORE USER'S CODE PAGE
CHCP %AOOCP% >NUL