Am 02.03.20 um 19:34 schrieb Marcus:
Am 21.02.20 um 12:16 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
Thanks for the explanation!

Ideally, "hash" should be translated as it is what it is: a common English noun in what is otherwise a page in another language. In fact, "hash" is already used /and/ translated on the same page in the ensuing two lines ("Signatures and hashes […]"). A visitor who knows what "hash" means will find instances of it both translated and untranslated on the same page and will tend to interpret the situation as linguistic inconsistency and negligence.

Overall, if we cling to the principle of AOO and its website being subject to localization, technical solutions should ensure the principle is upheld.

Having said that, it is ultimately a matter of just how much resources we have and how we allocate them. It's a finite and contingent world. Marcus, your presence, expertise, and input, very much appreciated!

I'm waiting now since some days to get more feedback but I think there is no one else speaking up.

The effort would be to do the following:

- update every release item of the release matrix
- extract the "SVN" and "Git hash" terms
- put these terms into the *.msg files for every language
- that needs to be translated into the respective language, otherwise it's still in English and nothing is won ;-)
- create a logic to identify if the release is based on SVN or Git

IMHO it's way too much effort for to less benefit.

of course when there would be a bigger rework on these webpages then we can include this. However, at the moment there is none planned.

Marcus