Andrew wrote:
Can you verify, does it matter what RADIUS software is in use? Will
authentication work with any RADIUS server or only freeradius?

It doesn't matter what the server actually is, as long as both pppd and the RADIUS server both speak the same dialect of RADIUS. I was only working with freeradius because I don't have to pay someone a licence fee in order to install it for the purpose of writing a L2TPd HOWTO :)

I'll make sure I get my HOWTO finished this week, so other people can contribute something to it.

By the time I'm finished, I expect to have two HOWTOs completed - a basic L2TPD HOWTO (using flat files for all config) and a L2TPD+RADIUS HOWTO (using RADIUS for PPP AAA).

Thankyou for your patience, all of you hanging out for the RADIUS HOWTO.

Regards
Alex Satrapa